You want to make gardening educational and fun, but you don’t know where to begin?
Delight in the discoveries of gardening with your family and document your nature study with ease. We’ll show you how with My Garden Journal. The perfect way to record many different observations and to guide young scholars from PreK – 6th grade through the wonderful world of tending to their own plot of land whether it’s an actual garden or a container for fairies and gnomes.
Be sure to visit our Garden Unit Nature Study post for tips and ideas on gardening!
My Garden Journal PDF printable gardening notebook includes:
- 3 poems related to gardening
- 1 folk song
- Primary and regular lined pages for recording garden planting and growth observations
- Soil assessment
- Chart for seeds planted
- Graphing page for plotting out the garden
- Printable calendar of firsts for the garden
- Garden planner page
- Harvest record page
- Garden pest and garden helper page
This is a downloadable garden journal notebook that you print yourself. These are tips and tricks from printing our own.
- There is a limit of 3 download attempts. If for some reason you cannot get the download to work, please email [email protected] and we will get it sorted out.
- Print out your journal pages a few at a time. Things will grow quickly at first and again in the peak of the season so it’s best to have a few pages at the ready.
- 60 pound paper prints well and binds well for the cover page and poetry/song selections. For the planning/picture journaling pages, I prefer 90 pound watercolor paper that I cut down to make 8.5 x 11″ so the paper allows the boys to journal with their watercolors. If you use this kind of paper, you need to make sure to print with a laser printer so the ink doesn’t bleed into your drawings.
- Have your finished garden journal bound at an office supply store, or get a 3 ring binder to hold it. I prefer keeping it in a 3 ring binder until the end of the garden season and then having it bound as a keepsake and for review purposes for the next gardening season.
- This is a digital product so we are unable to accommodate refund requests.
Thank for this ❤️
I absolutely love this gardening journal. It is user friendly, visually appealing, and loaded with ways to keep us organized! I have always wanted to grow my own food in a little garden that the kids and I would tend to, but I do NOT have a green thumb. This journal makes me feel more confident that we can plan and cultivate a little garden (either in a space in our yard or in containers).
*I had pre-sale access as a member of The Homeschool Garden*
This is our second year to container garden and was somewhat skeptical as to how worthy a Garden Journal would be. We were pleasantly surprised at how much we love it, We are much more informed this time due to planning, documenting, as well as taking pictures. We love measuring to see the growth. We can also tell what is doing well and not so well. Without the journal it was a guessing game and forgetfulness. Not anymore with My Garden Journal. I give it an A+ for keeping us organized.
We love this garden planner! I wrote a unit study from THE ALL NEW SQUARE FOOT GARDEN 2ND EDITION and we are ending our unit by having the kiddos plan, build, and care for their own SFG’s. This journal came at just the right time to help them with their gardens.