Hi there, friend! I’m Lara.
A real-life homeschool mama just like you – and since you are here I know that you are looking for a way to bring consistency to your homeschool, a way to simplify your day by bringing the whole family together for learning, or perhaps you want to be more intentional about including subjects that are important to you.
I’m here to help.
Like you, I know there is incredible value in art, music, nature study, poetry, Shakespeare, art lessons, and all the wonderful parts of education that orient our children toward Truth and inspire wonder and awe.
I also know how hard it is trying to find the perfect curriculum only to give up and try and make your own. The hours of research alone can wear a mama out. So can trying to do it all yourself.
Trust me, I know from experience. As a recovering perfectionist, I realized that our family needed both beauty and consistency and I wanted a way to include it all that wouldn’t run me down or destroy my children’s love of learning.
My love of music, literature, fine arts, and Charlotte Mason methods led me to create a delightful and simple to follow morning time curriculum for our family and to use living books as our curriculum spine.
We are so grateful for the opportunity to serve you and look forward to sharing many years of gentle, joyful, and beautiful education with your family.
Homeschooling should be delightful!
But you struggle to get it all done.
The baby turns over the art supplies. The 6 year old refuses to move beyond BOB books. The 10 year old swears everything is B-O-R-I-N-G. And it’s all you can do to keep your cool and get lunch on the table.
Forget about Latin, science experiments, or geography. You are just hoping to keep it together and praying that at some point you’ll get to finish reading that once-new book on “How to Homeschool Like a Pro” that you started 8 months ago and think may be somewhere on the hallway shelf.
If you’ve ever thought the following –
- How do all these other moms have it together when I just can’t?
- Why is this so difficult and overwhelming?
- When is the family bonding and delightful learning supposed to set it?
- Am I going to ruin my poor kids for life because I can’t cover Latin and keep the house clean?
Stop, mama. Take a breath. Step off the hamster wheel and let’s chat.
I was right there with you, frazzled and frustrated and ready to give up. But there’s a life-giving truth you need to know right now-
You are the gate-keeper, grace-giver, and cultivator of your home – a sacred space – and when you step into your God-given capacity you are capable of providing a delightful and life-giving education to your children.
I believe every homeschool mama can thrive with mentorship, support, and grace filled community. We are meant to travel this road together, and I’m so very glad you’re here!
Imagine beginning your homeschool day with a rhythm that brings your family together with joy – and helps build strong faith foundations and cultivate thriving relationships.
Imagine having a schedule that is carefully crafted to allow you time to enjoy your children, your homeschool, and your own heart-filling activities like reading, cooking, or volunteering – all without sacrificing your sanity.
Imagine the delight of homeschooling with a sense of peace, confidence, and a strong support community.
I cannot promise you an easy road, but I can promise you that there’s a better way that will give you room to breathe, space to create a life giving home, bring joy into your days, and allow you to cultivate the delightful homeschool you’re dreaming of – and it is definitely worth the effort.
When you join the Everyday Graces community, you’ll learn how to effectively create the margin you need to cultivate a life giving home and delightful homeschool that works for your unique family – and we’re all cheering you on each step of the way!
What are everyday graces?
Fresh flowers on the dining room table.
Deer sightings in the back yard.
Tiny acts of kindness between siblings.
The food that dirties all those dishes.
The active children that muss the mountains of laundry.
Empathy from strangers in the grocery store when your toddler is having an epic fit.
Kroger putting in a Starbucks. Seriously.
Why Everyday Graces Matter
Homeschooling doesn’t look like I thought it would.
The idealistic daydreams I had when homeschooling first entered our thoughts were a calm, serene, modern day version of Little House.
Then you are also familiar with the chaos of spilled tea, days gone awry, and lesson plans that don’t get checked?
Whew. It’s nice to know we are in good company!
You see, I thought I was the only one for a long time.
The only mom who thought she “should” be doing more, planning more, playing more, cleaning more. And I was drowning in self-doubt and desperation.
One day, when I was completely empty and knew I simply could not do one. more. thing. the Holy Spirit shared with me this quote:
A weight was lifted. I realized I cannot and should not try to do it all, that our homeschool should be unique to our family’s needs, that God takes over when I inevitably fall short, and I began to become the grace-filled mom I had been striving to be and our home and homeschool became joyful again!
The shift from the “shoulds” to loving the simple, daily rhythm of a life-giving home was one that took much intention and time to cultivate, like anything worth growing, but was the turning point for our home, our homeschool, and my motherhood journey.
Dear friend – you, too, can find the joy in the everyday!
Seeing grace that abounds all around us in the simple moments, the daily tasks, the apologies after sibling squabbles, the magical moment when a new concept clicks with a child — all these things are just waiting to be acknowledged so they can fill your mama heart.
Won’t you join us in celebrating the everyday graces of this wonderful homeschool life?
You are not on this journey alone. We are here to help you with the practical homeschooling and the imperative heart-schooling and to cheer you on each step of the way!
Everyday Graces: the blog
We post here 1-2 times a week. When everything goes as planned you’ll find:
- General Homeschool. Homeschool 101, units, reviews, products we use, things that didn’t work, and everything else that falls under the umbrella of cultivating a home filled with learning.
- How to Charlotte Mason Homeschool. We blend many aspects of Charlotte Mason methodology (and create a host of CM-inspired resources) with classical tradition and make modifications for special needs as necessary. We share with you the ways it works for our family in hopes to encourage and equip you with new ideas for your own homeschool.
- Encouragement. New homeschool moms, working homeschool moms, special needs homeschool moms, tired homeschool moms, overwhelmed homeschool moms. Every homeschool mom has a place at the Everyday Graces table to share, to be lifted up, and to be cared for.
If you’re looking for resources to help your homeschool thrive, visit our shop full of homeschool goodies to find just what you’re looking for and join us in our off-Facebook support community to find like-minded families.
New to homeschooling or looking to refresh your more seasoned view? We have a fantastic Homeschool 101 series just for you!
Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be inspired; it is the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15-16; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is only one God, infinite, perfect, and eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life, and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose in-dwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30).