Music is a big part of our lives. We love playing instruments, listening to classical, jazz, ’40s, opera, and more. Exposing children to varied music early in life helps to cultivate an appreciation for many varieties of music. Children learn so much from singing songs, rhyming, and playing directly with you, their caregiver. We use lots of music in our speech therapy for Apraxia.
Disclosure: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.
Music Together: the class
Music Together is an international early childhood music and movement program for children from birth through age 7—and the grownups who love them®. First offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement. Find a Music Together Class near you!
We attended a Music Together Atlanta class in Douglasville with Ms. Andrea. The class is geared for Mr. F’s age group but Mr. T also enjoyed the class. Ms. Andrea did a wonderful job of engaging the children and parents in fun songs, instrument play, and movement.
We got to play with a xylophone, tambourines, egg shakers, scarves (you can see a very cute Instagram video here), and we made several new friends! The songs are cute, catchy, repetitive for little learners, and easy to incorporate into your daily routine even for musically challenged moms and dads. All with the help of your home learning kit!
About Music Together Tuition and what it includes:
- Tuition is for 8 weekly classes per semester. There are discounts to returning families.
- Two copies of a professionally recorded CD featuring the current Music Together® Song Collection.
- An access code to download or stream the class music and enjoy the Family Music Zone, where you can find videos, coloring sheets, additional song activities & more!
- A beautifully illustrated songbook with family activity suggestions so your family can enjoy the music at home & on the go!
- Classes include parent education to help adults understand and enhance their child’s music development.
- Families will also receive a quarterly e-newsletter and access to the national informative website.
- Parent DVD & booklet for new families: “Music Together® At Home: Helping Your Child Grow Musically”; a guide for parents and caregivers.
- Make-up classes as needed.
Music Together Kit for Home
The kit we received has so many fun books and CDs! The Hello, Everybody book is based on the welcome to class song for Music Together Class. It is a delightful song and great way to remember names of your little classmates, though it might be stuck in your head the rest of the day. We have fun reading the book and singing along with the CD.
The Music Together CDs are very well done and are a great addition to morning time or before nap time if your little ones still nap. They are great for the car, too.
Here is the Apples and Cherries song from the Fiddle songbook. The melodies for the songs are very simple and easy to follow. This song is meant to be sung in rounds.
Below are the suggestions for Apples and Cherries in the songbook. Finger play, ways to incorporate play with infants, how to sing in rounds, and a bit of history for this song. All the songs in the book include suggestions like these! No Pinterest required.
Music Together is a wonderful investment in an activity to help bring you and your child closer together through the gift of music. Find a class near you here!