Get Your Kids in the Kitchen for Gluten Free Breakfast Food Fun!
These little delights are awesome for breakfast, snack, or our favorite, brinner. We do breakfast for dinner a lot around here. With all the food allergies around here, we love having recipes to use with our favorite allergy friendly chocolate chips from Enjoy Life, too
Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Pancake Bites
Scroll down to the end for a printable version of this recipe!
To begin, let’s gather all our ingredients. For these pancake bites, you will need:
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup almond milk
- ⅛ Cup peanut butter, Sunbutter, smooth almond butter, or smooth butter of your choice.
- ½ Cup gluten free flour mix. We love the America’s Test Kitchen gluten free flour recipe but for convenience Bob’s Red Mill Mix is awesome.
- ⅛ Cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
Kitchen time is always a great place to begin or review fractions. All the measuring makes math fun and tasty! It also gets food on the table for hungry learners so it’s a win-win.
To make your Pancake Bites:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 6 cup muffin pan. (If you have a 12 cup like us, then just add a smidgen of water into the empty wells. It helps keep whatever you’re baking moist, too.)
- In a bowl beat the egg and almond milk.
- Add the nut butter and gluten free flour.
- Mix until no lumps are left (around 2-3 minutes).
- Fill the muffin pan with the batter and top with the chocolate chips.
- Take to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Serve and enjoy.
This time, we had some fresh cherries, so we popped a pitted cherry into the center of each well. This recipe makes 6-7 bites, depending on who does the measuring out.
See all our Kids in the Kitchen recipes by clicking the image below.
For more recipes for your kids who love to cook, try our favorite cook book! Full of delightful and age appropriate recipes for budding chefs, it’s a resource all your children will love.