The Twelve Days of Christmas
First, I know you’ve seen all the ads for 12 Days of this or that before Christmas, but the Twelve Days of Christmas actually refers to December 26th through January 6th, known as Epiphany, a celebration of the Magi finding and worshipping Jesus. You can find out more about The Twelve Days of Christmas here.
*Disclosure: We received a free copy of The Birth of Jesus study from Grapevine Bible Studies for review purposes. No other compensation was received and all opinions are honest and my own.*
While we don’t do gift giving during the Twelve Days, we do continue learning and celebrating the birth and life of Jesus. And our new Grapevine Studies The Birth of Jesus study is a simple and thorough way to learn the story in depth during our Twelve Days.
The Birth of Jesus
Grapevine Studies are a fun and engaging way to study the Bible. Stick figuring through the Bible is fun and with the traceable studies, even Mr. T (with dyspraxia) can draw the figures as we learn. I love how simple it is and that we can pick our own translation to use with the verse references.
The lessons are long enough that we break them up into two lessons for Mr. T. They are a great length for individual lessons for slightly older children. I would say 6-7 year olds and up would have no problem finishing the entire lesson at one time.
The Birth of Jesus study contains 8 lessons beginning with Mary and ending with Jesus’ growing up from a child into a man.
Each lesson is divided into sections where you, the teacher, go over the scripture as you draw the figures. You use different colors for different characters and the student uses the same colors for their drawings. There are review questions at the end of each section and recommended lesson schedules included in the beginning pages of each set of lessons.
Why Grapevine Studies?
- We love their Statement of Faith and know that because it is like our own, the studies will fall right in line with what we want to teach our boys.
- Stick figuring is fun and is a neat memory aide for both me and Mr. T. The traceable version is perfect for him, and then there is a blank version for older students.
- The ability to break up the lessons into shorter sections without having it “not make sense” is a huge plus for this boy mom.
- The studies can absolutely be done at your own pace. If life happens and you miss a day, it’s not a huge deal to jump right back in when you can.
- Grapevine Studies are so affordable! There’s no reason not to have fun with Bible time!
- I can use the teachers guide directly from my iPad in iBooks. It saves me paper and I know it will be there every time I want to do a lesson 🙂
If you’ve been looking for a fun and interactive way for your whole family to study God’s Word together, give Grapevine studies a try!