A Back to Homeschool Basket of Grace for Mom
Friends, it’s that time of year when things get crazy hectic and all the uncertainty of new curricula, new co-ops, new schedules, and more sink in and leave you feeling depleted before it even begins. So one of you lovelies will be the recipient of 4 of my favorite things. I hope they make your year begin with a deep sigh of “I can do this!”.
- Desperate by Sarah Mae Desperate is for those who love their children to the depths of their souls but who have also curled up under their covers, fighting back tears, and begging God for help. It’s for those who have ever wondered what happened to all their ideals for what having children would be like. For those who have ever felt like all the “experts” have clearly never had a child like theirs. For those who have prayed for a mentor. For those who ever felt lost and alone in motherhood.
- Desperate DVD Study Companion
- Folgers Caramel Drizzle Coffee for those days you just need a mom moment.
- Grace mug (you can see mine often on Instagram) with John 1:16 printed on it.
Just enter the Rafflecopter post below and the winner will be selected on Monday August 24th. The winner will be notified by email and given 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Bon Chance! *Giveaway is open to US residents 18 and older*
5 Things that Make Our Homeschool Thrive
Everyone has a quirk. We have several. Here are 5 random and slightly unusual things that make our homeschool thrive.
- Chick-fil-A. Ahhhh. One of the few placed the boys can have grilled chicken and a fruit cup and all is right in the world of allergy mom. Plus, the Market Salad (minus the blue cheese) is amazing. When we have to eat out on therapy days or meet some friends for a lunch time play date, Chick-fil-A is a sure bet.
- Stitch Fix. Yes, I know. Fashion seems like a silly thing to make our homeschool thrive. But between homeschool, therapy, being an online fitness coach, and life, I don’t have time to shop, and there is just something amazing and girly and “just for me” about getting a box of gorgeous clothes and a sweet note from Tina. So yes, Stitch Fix is my “fix” each month and is sometimes the only real “mommy time” I get. I wish I were exaggerating.
- Kiwi, Koala, and Doodle Crates. We love them. They make crafts and educational leisure activity easy for me and awesome for the boys. They are part of our curriculum this year! You can see them in action here. They even sell individual crates and gift subscriptions!
- Critters. Ants were the most recent Insect Lore friends, but we also had butterflies this spring. We have a fish tank, Peanut the hamster, Aslan the dog, and from time to time we house insects and amphibians we find outside. Having living things to watch, learn from, study, lap book, and handle (sometimes) keeps my boys happy and inquisitive. Critters as a part of our homeschool is not something I ever planned on, but even I enjoy it!
- Morning time! We are such big fans of how morning time makes our homeschool thrive. It begins our days with grace and peace and really sets the tone for our day.
Those are our top 5. What are yours?
My five things that make my homeschool thrive are (1) Daily specific schedule. (2) Khan Academy (3) Zaycon Fresh (4) Crockpot (5) Who/What is/was series.
I would LOVE to win, been wanting to read Desperate.
Dorothy Boucher says
Awesome! thanks for the chance 🙂
Have you watched the chick fil-a mom video? So funny! We go to after weekly spots too 🙂 love the grilled chicken nuggets for my girls.
LOL, that video may have been the highlight of my week!
Adena F says
Great giveaway!! I’ve been wanting to read “Desperate”.
Thanks, Adena! Desperate is a lovely book for all moms. It’s on Kindle, too, if you prefer ebooks!