Chemistry is fascinating. It has always been a subject I enjoyed, and really was the only math in high school that made sense to me. Learning about the building blocks of the universe is a wonderful way to show God’s design to our children.
Disclosure: I received this app for free for review purposes and was compensated for my time. All opinions are my own and I was not required to post a positive review.
Atomidoodle Chemistry Game
If you want a fun and interesting way to reinforce chemistry facts with your students, Hero Factor Games has come up with a wonderful science app for you! Atomidoodle is a really neat game. It works on coordination, logic, math, and is filled with bits of information about elements and how they work. It’s a fantastic puzzle and I love winding down at the end of the day with it, so it’s great for parents, too. Here is a little video clip to show you how much fun the game is.
Why this chemistry puzzle is so much fun
- Atomidoodle starts out at a good clip but the further you get in the level, the faster it goes, and it’s fun to try and keep up.
- You are competing against yourself within the game but it’s also fun to compete against other family members to see who can get the highest score!
- Every time you win, and element gets added to your periodic table. It’s fun to see how fast you can fill it!
- The “Did you know” facts about the elements between levels are a great moment to regroup, but also keep the learning going.
- The way the levels rearrange keeps you on your mental toes. It’s never the same twice and the fusion and fission machines change places too!
All in all, Mr. T is learning more about the elements, and he is practicing his puzzle solving skills. I am relearning a lot about the elements and having a blast doing it! I believe that students from about 8 on up will really learn a lot from this game without needing help. It also takes the pressure off mom to come up with “fun” review for chemistry. Atomidoodle is a great addition to your homeschool’s science learning!
Another reason I loved Hero Factor Games is the sweet family behind it. Here is a little note from Tim Kilpatrick:
We are a husband and wife team, and each of us have enjoyed playing video games since our childhood. But, we were also disheartened because so many of the popular games require players to make unhealthy and immoral choices. We believe that ideas matter. When you practice making decisions, even in a video game, those decisions affect who you are and the choices you will make in the future. After we got married, we felt a call from God to make video games that would always have the player exercising positive decisionmaking. Due to our lifelong love of video games, we know how to weave positive content into exciting, challenging, and rewarding gameplay, so that kids are enjoyably edified! We used these principles when we designed Atomidoodle to be fastpaced, mentally stimulating, and hard to put down. We wove math and science concepts throughout this satisfying gameplay, and the result is an educational game that stands out above the rest!
Connect with Hero Factory Games