I’m not alway s a makeup wearer. My sweet husband tells me I’m beautiful first thing every morning after almost a decade together. While I don’t necessarily agree with him about the pillow-lined face and bed-hair and blurry eyes, it has served to remind me that our beauty is not a physical thing, especially to those who love us. Audrey Hepburn said it beautifully:
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
Remembering that, sometimes as women it’s nice to feel a bit prettier, to cover up dark circles, or to cover up breakouts. But as moms, who has the time? So in an effort to help you out, I’m sharing my 4-minute makeup routine. Enjoy!
4 Minute Makeup Routine for Busy Moms
- Apply 6-8 drops of Argan oil with your fingers to prime and smooth out skin and let it soak in for 30 seconds. (Perfect time for combing hair or brushing teeth) Blot your face with a clean towel, especially around the eyes.
- Apply your foundation layer, I use Physicians Formula Organic Wear Tinted moisturizer. It’s light and evens out color and keeps my skin moisturized.
- Apply concealer where needed. I use Origins Plantscriptions, it’s a creamy concealer and covers very well!
- Apply your powder. I prefer loose powder, it gives great coverage when applied with a good brush. I use Physicians Formula talc-free Mineral Wear Loose Powder.
- Apply your blush. For a natural look with some definition, suck in your cheeks and apply the blush along the line formed under your cheek bones with just a smudge on the apples of your cheeks. I use Physicians Formula Mineral Wear in blush glow.
- Apply a lighter shadow to your entire lid up to your brow to brighten your eyes. If you want, you can apply a second more neutral color to your lid. I use Physicians Formula Nude ShimmerStrip palette.
- Line your eyes. Pencil, dark shadow, liquid, whatever liner you love, just do a light line underneath and just barely on the top for a natural look. I use Physicians Formula EyeBooster in Deep Brown. The felt tip makes application easy!
- Do one good coat of mascara. I like Physicians Formula Organic Wear because it doesn’t have fibers to break off your lashes and is paraben free.
- Apply your lip coloring of choice. If you are gluten sensitive, be aware that most pharmacy brand lip colors do contain gluten. I love TARTE Lipsurgence gloss in Park Avenue Princess.
What are phthalates? Then there are parabens and sulfates. You can read more about hormone disrupters in personal care products here, but let’s just say they aren’t good and women especially use a LOT of them day to day. I recommend getting most of them out of your house for the health of your family. They are bad news.
- Good brushes are key to a great makeup application. I’ve used Sephora brand brushes for years. Coverage is better and application is easier with the correct tools.
- Argan oil is an awesome tool for your skincare arsenal. It’s high in Vitamin E so it helps with all sorts of skin issues, it’s completely natural, and it’s affordable. You can see my review of the Argan Oil I use here. It’s also amazing for hair, hands, and nails.
- You can go from easy daytime to night time glamorous in about 2 more minutes by darkening and filling in your eyebrows, adding a darker color to your eyelid crease, adding a “cat eye” to your liner, and adding a second coat of mascara. Easy peasy.
Before/After 4 Minute Makeup
You can do all that in four minutes?! Haha it takes me four minutes to do my mascara alone (though that has more to do with the toddler hanging off my legs making poking myself in the eye a regular occurrence).
I need a new foundation. I’m going to check out the one you mentioned! The one I have now feels too heavy and obvious.