As busy moms, care for ourselves often falls to the wayside. I say it’s time to fix that. It is not selfish to take care of yourself! If you don’t, you won’t be at your best to care for your family. So let’s agree that you will set aside just 30 minutes a day for intentional activity to make yourself stronger and healthier in order to care for you, for your family, and for all those God puts in your path. Agreed? Good!
I love 21 Day Fix! It’s the program I began with 40 pounds ago 🙂
Why the 21 Day Fix Programs are Perfect for Busy Moms
For the Fitness Beginner: 21 Day Fix
- You are committing to a mere 3 weeks. 21 Days. Not much time at all. Most of us struggle with long term “diet and exercise” plans because they drag on forever. Not this one! Make it through the first 21 days. Then go from there.
- It’s an easy meal plan. There are even some “cheats” you can work in a few times a week. The portion containers mean no weighing, no points, no worrying about sugar, etc. No weird ingredients, either.
- The workouts are only 30 minutes. That’s it. Just 30 minutes. Perfect for first thing in the morning, during nap time, to release stress after the kids are in bed 😉 You know you can make a 30 minute block in your day to feel better, have more energy, and take better care of yourself in order to better care for your family.
- If you’re worried about it being too much, have no fear! There is an excellent lady in the videos who shows you modifications that scale down the exercises until you are ready for the regular versions. Her name is Cat and she is my hero! I followed her for most of the exercises the first 2 weeks I used 21 Day Fix in February of 2014. The point is to get moving, to do something you haven’t done, and to become stronger and healthier one step at a time!
- It is an incredible workout to ease you in to weight lifting if you have never lifted before or it’s been years. The benefits of weight lifting for women are numerous! Weight bearing exercise reduces the risk of osteoporosis, builds lean muscle which burns fat and increases metabolism, it’s recognized as a way to reduce the risk of heart disease by the American Heart Association, and it reduces stress. What is not to love?
For a Challenge: 21 Day Fix Extreme
- Competition Eating Plan. This eating plan uses the same easy color coded portion containers in the 21 Day Fix, but it’s totally clean with an awesome Carb Depletion option. If you want shredded results, this is the plan for you.
- Intense 30 minute workouts. It doesn’t get easier, you get better. Physical strength is a huge benefit to working out and eating right. If you want to get stronger to better handle the work and family you have, 21 Day Fix Extreme is perfect.
- If you want dramatic results fast. Weddings, reunions, vacations, and more are all huge during the summer. If you want incredible results in just 21 days, Extreme is the way to go.
- If you’ve graduated the 21 Day Fix and want something new, Extreme is a great next step!
- It’s still just 3 weeks. There’s still no long term commitment. No wretched dieting that never ends, no points, no chemical cocktails, no jittery drinks, just good old fashioned hard work and eating right for 21 days.
- Made to Crave 21 Day Devotional on YouVersion lines up just right with the 21 Day Fix and really helps give you a solid base for your fitness journey.